Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cupcakes :)

Hi Everyone!

I made 3 cards tonight and they all have cupcakes (I cut from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge)!

Voila!
I used various shades of orange and red solid papers for this one :) I ran the red square (behind the cupcake) through Cuttlebug, using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I layered my border-punched border on the bottom of the card... I really like how the double border looks. After punching out my cupcake top, I embossed it using the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (which I've seen many people do to make it look like swirly icing)... and to add a little more dimension I rubbed a pale orange ink pad along the embossed image. I must say that I have joined the D'Vine Swirl & Swiss Dots Club! While researching which embossing folder I should buy with the Cuttlebug... I read many ladies said D'Vine Swirl and Swiss Dots were their go-to folders... and now I'm one of those ladies!


 I used the same cupcake techniques for this card... The brown designer paper is from the Let's Party! Pyramid Paper pad (and I must say, I'm in love with the papers in this pad). The yellow cardstock is embossed using the Spots & Dots embossing folder. I also decided to add some purple buttons, just for fun!

I love, love, love how this card turned out! I ran a strip of paper through my border punch and then matted it with some orange card stock. I suppose it's hard to see, but the D'Vine Swirls design on the cupcake is embellished with some micro white sparkles :) I also added some purple buttons to tie in another colour from the background paper (Let's Party!).

Alright peeps! That's it for now!

I need to make at least another card by the end of the month to keep up with my 10 cards per month goal on Disboards :) so I'll be back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment