Monday, January 9, 2012

A birthday card and name art!

Hey everyone...

Unfortunately this will be my last post for about 2 weeks since I'm going to visit family and will not have access to any of my craft goodies! But... fortunately, when I get back I can make as many cards as I want because I stocked up on glue tape today!!

So, in my last post I mentioned I need to make a card for Granny (my boyfriend's amazing grandmother) and here is the final product!


I used my new favourite thing, the Cuttlebug! and the happy birthday embossing folder on lilac card stock, matted with citrus-y orange. The little flowers are cut from my favourite Cricut cartridge Create-A-Critter, and I believe these flowers are the hippo's accessory (for those of you curious). I curled up the petals slighty before securing them and completing them with a purple rhinestone in the center of each one! I whipped this up pretty quickly and I'm sure granny will love it!

We'll also be visiting my boyfriend's mom, sisters, niece and nephew! We haven't seen the kids for about 20 months... and 20 months is a long time when they're so little! I'm so excited to see how big they've gotten and if they still love me more than they love their uncle :P

I decided once we finalized our trip that I wanted to make something for both kids... and this is what I came up with - framed name art!



It was actually my boyfriend's idea to make a swimming monkey for the under-water themed one! All shapes are cut with Create-A-Critter, and some shapes are altered in Craftroom... for example, the little googles were made by welding some shapes together! The font is Craftroom Basics.

I'm so excited to give these to the kids/their mommies!

That's it for now... I'll be back in a little while with some more projects! Baby shower decoration projects! I'll give you guys a little sneak-peek...

 This is the baby banner so far...

See ya real soon! (I'm really starting to miss Disney World...)

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! I love birth day card and name art. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete