Sunday, January 8, 2012

Side-step Baby card

Hi hi!

I was looking through my card pins on pinterest for some "pinspiration" and I saw that I pinned this. I got really excited and thought this could be my next project! Lately I've been having baby paper creation fever! I have come across so many cute baby banners, baby shower cards/invites, centerpieces and a ton of other goods made from paper... butI suppose I brought this upon myself by volunteering/being hired to make some baby decorations for an upcomming baby shower.

So last night I watched this tutoral:

And this morning I made my own versions :)

Baby Girl Card:

I used white/silver rhinestones for the dresser knobs and adhered the dresser drawers with dimensionals. I cuttlebugged (obviously!!!) the  purple background... created a simple crib using a bunch of rectangles in Craftroom. I made a teeny tiny teddybear from Create-A-Critter (which was such a pain since the paper kept unsticking to my mat). I used the baby onsies from the Craftroom Basics digital cart and coloured them with my copics :). I love, love, LOVE how it turned out and I think it may be one of the cutest baby cards I've ever seen!

I also made a Twin Boys Card:



These were my first attempts at a side-step card and I love how they turned out... and the construction of the base is not as complicated as one would think.... I'll definitely be making more step cards in the future and hope I can make many more baby cards (though I only know a handful of women who are pregnant/recently had a baby or two!)


Not sure if I'm going to work on any more cards today... I need to resticky my mat. I'll probably share another card or two sometime next week before I go to T&T to celebrate my boyfriend's granny's birthday :) (Oooh, yes!! Another birthday card to make!)

1 comment:

  1. Alicia: I love this card!!! I will have to scraplift it at some point. :) Way to go, and congratulations on your blog!

    ReplyDelete