Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter and some more fun :)


Here's the Easter card I made my family :) I used the same 'cut out' method to cut eggs out of the purple layer but this time I placed it over a polka dot mat. I also embossed the top of the purple card and addited a pink checkered ribbon & bow. I felt that it was still missing something so I cut out some eggs, inked them and voila! 


Some news! I've been semi-comissioned to make some wedding thank you postcards. But all the info I was given was "rustic cottage wedding", "cobalt blue & deep purple" and I got 2 photos of cards the bride likes..... BUT, I had to use supplies I already have on hand. Considering this is going to be a postcard, I'm kind of limited to what I can do... which means I can't use layers and embellishments as they may come off in transit... so stamping it is!

So, this is what I came up with (and they're kinda far fetched from the photos I was given)... as some samples.



Please excuse the brown smudging on this one :) it is only a sample!




And if the Bride likes the flower ones but would like different flowers.... I stamped some others on some scraps:



And just for fun.... I made 2 more cards... well, 1 1/2. This fushia card was half done, just sitting in my container looking lonely. So I added some layers to and used the colour inspiration I found on the week's RAQ challenge on the message boards, Yellow, Black and Fushia.


I've had the idea of making a grey & yellow card for a while now and especially wanted to used the Birds & Swirls embossing folder and this is what I came up with :) All cuts are made with the CTMH Art Philosophy catridge.



And... just for fun, I added a picture of the Carrot cake I made for Easter dinner which will be devoured in about 3 hours!!!! 



And now, you can get back to whatever you were doing before reading my blog!

(Thanks for stopping by!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment