Monday, April 2, 2012

Butterflies! :)

Lately I've been feeling in a butterfly-mood in terms of card-making and I wanted to play around with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (which I LOVE!!!!) and came up with this card:





This Cricut cartridge is sooooooo versatile! In addition to the hundreds of images, there are some really cute card cut outs, including this butterfly one. As soon as I saw it in the handbook I knew I wanted to make something with it. In addition to cutting out the card (in aqua paper) I cut out the same butterfly cluster on white cardstock. Originally, My plan was to lay this over the blue card to have a white layer but I decided against it. Instead, I used the white cardstock cut out as a stencil :) I used CTMH's Lagoon Ink to sponge inside the butterflies, and made a few clusters of inked butterflies around the cut outs on the card. This technique is great when you don't have a particular stamp you want and it's also a great idea to add some dimension, using the same image you cut with your Cricut.
 I finished the card off with a Happy Birthday sentiment (from the Art Philosophy bundle).

Stay tuned :) I will be posting my anniversary card soon (finally!!!!) and I'll be working on some Spring/Easter cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment