Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sugar & Spice Recipe Mini Album - WIP: Step 1

Hi!!

I haven't made any cards lately but I've been browsing the internet a lot for inspiration and stumbled across recipe mini books.... and I'm in love with the idea of making one :) I recently made my first trip to Michaels (since I was 10 years old) and let's just say... it was disappointing. It's not as far as I thought, seems pretty convenient to get to but the prices for somethings was insane! I did get some deals and more paper (more paper!!!). I got a pack of DCWV Sweet paper which has glittery cupcake, yummylicious-looking sheets... so I am starting a recipe book to keep all my cake, chocolate and other goodies recipes.

Tonight I chose 12 papers and made some pockets on each (to hold the recipe cards). Here's some work in progress so far:


This project is probably going to take me a while since I want to embellish all the pages with cricut cuts.... and I really want to use the "From My Kitchen" Cricut cartridge, but I have yet to purchase it.

Oooooh, I also made a chocolate bar to embellish one of the pages:


Each 'piece' of chocolate is a 1x1 inch square, embossed with the Cuttlebug and is popped up on foam for some dimension.... it looks soooooo yummy!

Anyways, that's my update for today. I hope you look forward to reading more about my work in progress and finally seeing the masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment